GET TO KNOW THE SECRETS OF MAYAN PURIFICATION
Currently, this activity will not be operating as part of our sanitation protocols.
Enjoy a Mayan temazcal ceremony, a pre-Hispanic ritual to clean the spirit and the body.
Let a shaman guide you through this holistic experience at the ancient Mayan ceremonial center of Polé, surrounded by the jungle and an underground river.
Enter the temazcal, a round building with a low ceiling that represents the maternal womb. Here, the four elements are unified in herbal vapors, created by the interaction of cold cenote water on volcanic stones.
Feel how these vapors surround your body and mind. Listen to the voice of the shaman, while a new energy invigorates you and replaces everything you no longer need.
At the end of the temazcal, complete the purification process with an immersion in a natural pool with water from refreshing rivers.
Renew yourself with the temazcal ritual at Xcaret!
- Circle of fire ceremony.
- Ceremony inside the temazcal.
- Bath at river pool and farewell.
- Use of towel (during the activity only).
- Hours: 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. You must choose your schedule upon arrival at the park.
- Duration: 60 min (5 min welcome / 10 min ceremony / 25-30 min temazcal / 15 min river pool and farewell).
- Minimum age required: 12 years (activity recommended for adults only. In case of minors of 12 years, it is necessary to have done sauna or temascal before).
- Maximum capacity: 45 people.
- Activity for adults only.
- Not recommended for children, pregnant women, or people who suffer from claustrophobia, hypertension, diabetes; with heart problems, asthma, or low blood pressure.
- Your purchase is valid for one year and has a Bad Weather Guarantee (only applies 24 hours in advance).
- Reservations that are cancelled more than two days in advance of the date of visit are subject to a 10% administration fee. Reservations cancelled in 2 days or less before the visit date, or in case of a no-show, are not refundable.