Tulum Excursion and Xel-Há
Two wonders of the Riviera Maya in one tour
Board a comfortable panoramic bus that will take you to Tulum, one of the last pre-Columbian cities that existed. Visit the Castle, the Temple of the Wind God, the Temple of the Descending God, and the Temple of the Frescoes, among other structures at the archaeological site. Also, you will have access to Xel-Há, to enjoy the jungle and the natural wonders of the Riviera Maya.
*Must present an ID at the Park’s ticket booth.
About your tour Tulum - Xel-Há
- Round-trip transportation on a panoramic bus or luxury van from Cancun and Riviera Maya.
- Access and guided tour at the Tulum archaeological site (45 min guided tour and 45 min free time).
- Certified bilingual guide.
- Train at the entrance/exit of the archaeological site (subject to availability).
- Admission to Xel-Há park at 12:00 p.m.
- Unlimited snorkeling in the inlet and river floating on inner tubes.
- Scenic Lighthouse with 360° views and a fun descent into a refreshing water landing.
- World of Adventure: zip-lines, five-meter jumps, and different rope games.
- Special activities for kids at the Children’s Playground.
- Hikes through jungle paths.
- Unlimited food and drinks and domestic open bar.
- Life jackets, inner tubes and bicycles.
- Use of fins and snorkel mask with integrated tube.
- Rest areas with lounge chairs and hammocks.
- Dressing rooms, bathrooms, lockers, showers and a towel.
- Other services (WiFi, ATMs and shops).
- Confirm the time and location of your pickup.
- Wear comfortable beachwear and swimsuit; bring an extra change of clothes for Xel-Há.
- Wear fresh clothes, comfortable shoes for walking, hat, and sunglasses for Tulum.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent must only have titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.
- Bring cash or a credit card to buy souvenirs, an Optional Activity, the photos of your experience, and for personal expenses.
- Duration: approximately 12 hours.
- There is an additional tax fee for the use of video cameras inside the archaeological site, not included in the tour price.
- Children over 4.5 ft but under 12 years of age, must present an ID to verify their age when boarding transportation.
- Reservations cancelled more than 2 days prior to your original booking date are subject to a 10% charge for administrative fees; cancellations made between 0 and 2 days prior to your original booking date, or in the case of no-shows or not using your coupon, are nonrefundable. Any change on your booking date is subject to an adjustment in the price.
- It is not possible to make date changes the same day of your visit.
- There might be changes without prior notice to the tour’s logistics or operation.
- Smoking Control: At Grupo Xcaret we comply with government regulations by offering smoke-free and emission-free spaces. For smoking, we have designated exclusive areas restricted for minors, pregnant women, senior citizens, and people with cardiovascular and pulmonary health problems.
- Roundtrip transportation from your hotel is included. Select your hotel or meeting point from the list.
- Skip lines! You have direct access.
- Pickup time depedns on your hotel’s location. Once you select it from the list, you will have the exact hour to be on time at the lobby or meeting point.
- The drop off time is according to the location of your hotel.
About the destination
Can you tour Tulum on your own?
Yes, you can, but it might not be the best way to experience it since you won't be able to learn and amaze about its history and what each temple represents, as well as discover the secrets the entire ruins have. The best way to do it is taking a tour with a certified guide that knows everything about pre-Hispanic history and what the Tulum ruins represent in this ancient civilization.
How much is the Tulum ruins tour?
The Tulum-Xel-Há tour includes roundtrip transportation, admission to the archaeological site with a certified guide, free time for photos and walk around, visit to Xel-Há park and all its attractions, buffet lunch and open bar. The price varies due to if you purchase your ticket on Xcaret's official website, as there are always promotions, such as early purchase discount, children up to 4 years old get in free.
Is Tulum a day trip from Cancun?
Totally. Tulum is just 2 hours away from Cancun by car (78 miles) so you can perfectly get up early and drive to the archaeological site and get back in just one day. Although the best option is to take a tour that includes roundtrip transportation from your hotel and that not only takes you to Tulum but also to the natural wonder that is Xel-Há so you can do unlimited snorkeling, go down the tallest waterslide in the Riviera Maya, enjoy the buffet and open bar after been awe by the Tulum ruins.
Is Tulum worth visiting?
Of course! Tulum is the only archaeological site facing the Caribbean Sea, has access to the beach and is rich in history. Take the Tulum-Xel-Há tour and see for yourself how great Tulum is.
What are the ruins called in Tulum?
The complete archeological site it’s called like that, Tulum archeological site, but inside there are a lot of buildings and old ruins like:
• Templo del Dios Descendiente (Ascending God Temple)
•El Castillo (The Castle)
•Casa del Cenote (Cenote House)
•Palacio del Gran Señor (Great Lord Palace)
•Templo de los Frescos (Fresh Temple)
Get your admission in advance.
We have limited capacity, secure your place.
*Only applies to tickets to Parks and Tours.