Visit Xplor adventure park
Challenge the heights with the fourteen Riviera Maya and Cancun zip-lines including the highest in the entire destination. On the surface, you will drive an amphibious vehicle (ATV) in the jungle, over bridges and through caverns. Live the thrill of rafting down our Toboganxote, a 5-in-1 waterslide that ends in a wave pool. Underneath the planet, you'll raft and swim through stalactites rivers, as well as go on an underground expedition to reveal the secrets hidden beneath.
Discover all the attractions in Playa del Carmen that Xplor Park has for you.
Excursions in Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen, Cancun and Riviera Maya are destinations that have much more than sun, sand and sea, there are also cenotes, underground rivers, jungle and more natural treasures that give you thousands of adventure activities to interact and enjoy in them. In Xplor, find alternative attractions to answer the question what to do in Playa del Carmen.
Must present an ID at the Park’s ticket booth.
About your Xplor admission
- Two circuits with seven zip-lines each (2.4 mi total distance), which include the tallest in Riviera Maya.
- Amphibious vehicle to drive through the jungle and flooded caves.
- New activity: Underground Expedition. 800 yards of a fun cavernous adventure.
- Paddling with special hand paddles along an underground river.
- Stalactite River Swim inside ancient caves.
- Hammock Splash.
- Entrance to the Toboganxote (Coming soon.)
- Spelunking hike.
- Unlimited snacks and non-alcoholic beverages (oatmeal cookies, fruit, smoothies, and flavored fresh waters).
- Buffet lunch.
- Locker for two.
- Rest areas, dressing rooms and restrooms.
- Other services (WiFi, ATM and shops).
- Free parking.
- Wear a swimsuit, water shoes and comfortable clothing. Additionally, bring an extra change of clothes and a towel.
- Wear a swimsuit, water shoes and use insect repellent. Bring an extra change of clothes and a towel.
- Only use of sunblock and sunscreen containing titanium oxide and zinc oxide are allowed in the park.
- Remember to bring cash or a credit card to purchase souvenirs, get the photos of your visit, or enjoy an Optional Activity.
- Children over 4.5 ft but under 12 years of age, must present an ID to verify their age at the park’s ticket booths.
- Some activities are not suitable for pregnant women.
- Certain park activities are not recommended if you suffer from a heart condition, fear of heights, back pain; or if you are recovering from a recent surgery or if you get dizzy easily.
- For the Zip-lines the minimum height required is 3.6 ft. The minimum weight required is 88 lbs and a maximum of 300 lbs. The circumference capacity of the harness belt is 47 in (120 cm) and 25 in (65 cm) for the legs. In the case of children, the harness must fit properly and have a minimum height of 3.6 ft (1.10 m). If it doesn't, for their own safety, they won't be able to perform the activity.
- Activities have special requirements of height and weight. For Amphibious Vehicles and Underground Expedition, the minimum height is 3.6 ft (1.10 m); for Rafts and Stalactite River Swimming is 3.3 ft (1 m) tall and 300 lbs (136 kg) of weight.
- Transportation from Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya is included if you add it at the moment of purchase.
- Reservations cancelled more than 2 days prior to your original booking date are subject to a 10% charge for administrative fees; cancellations made between 0 and 2 days prior to your original booking date, or in the case of no-shows or not using your coupon, are nonrefundable. Any change on your booking date is subject to an adjustment in the price.
- It is not possible to make date changes the same day of your visit.
- Roundtrip transportation from your hotel is available at an additional cost. It’s only included if you give a click on “add Transportation” at the moment of purchase, and you must select your hotel or a meeting point.
- Skip lines! You have direct access to the park.
- The pickup time depends on your hotel’s location. Once you select it from the list, you will have the exact hour, and please, be on time at the lobby or meeting point.
- You will have the returning hour before arriving at the park. The exact drop off time is according to the location of your hotel.
About the destination
What are the best parks to visit in Playa del Carmen?
In the more than 10 parks and tours by Xcaret you will find a great variety of activities for whatever your mood is: natural parks, aquatic, adventure, cenotes, party, archaeological sites tours, each one with unforgettable activities. Learn more here: https://www.xcaret.com/en/parks-and-tours/
Which park is better Xcaret or Xplor?
There is no clear winner, as they are very different parks. Xplor is a park for adrenaline-loving adventurers, as it has activities such as zip lines up to 45 m high, amphibious ATVs through the jungle, swimming and rafting in stalactite rivers and underground exploration. Xcaret is México’s Majestic Paradise where you will enjoy shows and performances, nature in the Aviary, the Butterfly Pavillion and the Coral Reef Aquarium, the beach, natural pools, a museum and more.
What excursions are there to do in Playa del Carmen?
In Playa del Carmen there is an excursion that takes you to explore the sky, the surface and beneath the earth, the Xplor tour. In this park you will fly on 14 zip lines, including the highest in the Riviera Maya; you will ride amphibious ATVs through caverns, caves and hanging bridges; you will swim and ride on a raft through stalactite rivers and go on an underground expedition with obstacles and contemplative areas.
What ATVs are available to use at Xplor?
Xplor's ATVs are amphibious vehicles capable of operating both in water and on land, so called because of their acronym ATVs - All-Terrain Vehicle. Xplor's amphibious vehicles allow you to travel through the park's jungle, caverns and caves.
What do the rivers of stalactites in Xplor consist of?
The stalactite rivers of Xplor are part of the longest underground river system in the world, which were formed more than 65 million years ago when an asteroid hit the Yucatan Peninsula. On the earth's surface, the crater basin began to fill with water that infiltrated, eroding the limestone and thus the large, millenary caves and rivers of stalactites were born.
Visitors also love:
Or you can create your own customized package with up to 4 parks or tours
*Only applies to tickets to Parks and Tours.