Explore a coral reef without the need to be an expert diver
Board a comfortable boat and enjoy a relaxed tour to the Barracuda Reef, near the coast of Xcaret.
Upon arrival, immerse yourself and admire the reef with the Snuba® technology, consisting on a snorkel-like visor and a diving regulator, with the difference being that the oxygen tank floats on the surface. This allows you to move freely and appreciate the beauty of the Barracuda Reef.
Dive at your own pace, with the advice of expert instructors who will teach you everything you need to know to practice this activity that is among the best things to do in Playa del Carmen.
Explore the Caribbean Sea with this modern method!
SNORKEL RIVIERA MAYA WITH SNUBA
Go deep into the Caribbean Sea with Snuba Reef and enjoy the perks and versatility of snorkeling and scuba diving at the same time with this new technology. You will admire comfortably and easily all the species that inhabits a coral reef.
Scuba diving in Cancun with Snuba
A reef is a place where submarine life gathers due to its shallow water locations and closeness to the coast. In here a wide variety of fish, algae and other invertebrates coexist, which at the same time allows for other ecosystems to exist, like seagrass and mangroves, expanding the diversity of the nature around. With Snuba Reef you will get deep into the coral reefs which by snorkeling wouldn’t be easy, and you won’t have to carry the heavy oxygen tank need for scuba diving. There’s no better way to explore the coral reefs of Mexico and the natiural spectcacle that comes with them, than with Snuba Reef.
Duration: 1 hr 15 min.
Hours: 11:00 a.m.; 11:45 a.m.; 2:30 p.m.; 4:15 p.m.
Ages: from 12 years of age.
- Round-trip boat ride to Barracuda Reef.
- Personal scuba diving tank.
- Mask, fins and weight belt (only during activity).
- Guided tour by certified guide.
- You must choose your schedule upon arrival at the park (subject to weather conditions).
- Duration: 1 h 15 min (25 min of safety training, 10 min boat ride to the reef, 30 min in the water, 10 min travel back).
- Minimum age required: 12 years (all participants must know how to swim).
- Maximum depth: 23 ft.
- Maximum capacity: 8 people.
- Activity not recommended for pregnant women and those who suffer from heart, back or ear problems, asthma, epilepsy, claustrophobia, hypertension, diabetes; with recent surgery, fractures or serious injury.
- Your purchase is valid for one year and has a Bad Weather Guarantee (only applies 24 hours in advance).
- Reservations cancelled more than 2 days prior to your original booking date are subject to a 10% charge for administrative fees; cancellations made between 0 and 2 days prior to your original booking date, or in the case of no-shows or not using your coupon, are nonrefundable. Any change on your booking date is subject to an adjustment in the price.
Quote your activity
Your optional activity requires an admission, you can add both here. Your visit date will be the same as the date of your optional activity.
*Only applies to tickets to Parks and Tours.