Swim with Sharks in Cancun – Mexico
Enjoy the incredible experience of swimming with sharks
This shark experience begins with you sitting on a shallow-depth platform where you can interact and watch them closely. At all times you will be accompanied by the trainers, who will tell you interesting facts about their behavior, food and importance in marine life. Then, it’s time to put on the snorkel gear and swim with sharks. Watch them in their natural environment, moving peacefully.
Live the unique experience of swimming with sharks in Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Riviera Maya during your next vacations!
Nurse sharks are a very docile, friendly and totally harmless species, it is one of the type of sharks for kids and adults to interact with. When you are looking where to swim with sharks in Cancun, remember that you can do it in Xcaret.
Duration: 45 min.
Hours: 11:15 a.m.; 12:35 p.m.; 1:55 p.m.; 3:15 p.m.; 4:35 p.m.
Minimum Age: from 8 years of age.
- Performance by trainers.
- Talk about sharks.
- Shark interaction on platform.
- Time to snorkel with sharks with the supervision of professional trainers.
- Use of snorkel gear.
- You must choose your schedule upon arrival at the park (subject to weather conditions).
- Duration: 45 minutes (5 min safety instructions / 5 min show trainers / 10 min interaction in platform / 25 min equipment delivery, free swim and final talk about the conservation of the species).
- Minimum age required: 8 years or a minimum height of 3.9 ft accompanied by an adult with paid activity.
- Maximum capacity: 22 people.
- Activity not recommended for pregnant women and those who suffer heart or ear problems, asthma, epilepsy, claustrophobia, hypertension, diabetes; with recent surgery, fractures or medical restrictions.
- Underage must be accompanied by an adult with paid activity.
- Age and height requirements are mandatory.
- Does not include transportation to the park, admission to Xcaret, photos or videos.
- Your purchase is valid for one year and has a Bad Weather Guarantee (only applies 24 hours in advance).
- Reservations cancelled more than 2 days prior to your original booking date are subject to a 10% charge for administrative fees; cancellations made between 0 and 2 days prior to your original booking date, or in the case of no-shows or not using your coupon, are nonrefundable. Any change on your booking date is subject to an adjustment in the price.
About the activity
Yes, you can Swimm with sharks in Cancun at Xcaret! It´s a wonderful experience to interact, snorkel and just be around them in their own environment. You’ll be swimming with nurse sharks which is a docile and friendly specie that lets you be part of the group for a while.
How much does it cost to swim with sharks in Mexico?
If you want to swim with sharks you can do it at Xcaret Park. By booking online at the official website, you get the best possible price purchasing in advance. If you come on vacation to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya or Tulum, you can do this adrenaline-filled activity and interact with the nurse shark. It is necessary to buy your ticket to Xcaret park to be able to do this activity.
Is swimming with sharks safe?
Totally safe! If you do it at Xcaret park in Cancun, Mexico, you’ll be swimming with nurse sharks which, yes are very imposing, but are completely docile and friendly, and only feed from mollusks and some small marine species. This is a must-do activity.
What is the safest shark to swim with?
The nurse shark, without a doubt. It´s a slow-moving, friendly and easy type of shark. They let you swim and interact with them in their own environment.
Quote your activity
Your optional activity requires an admission, you can add both here. Your visit date will be the same as the date of your optional activity.
Sharks Interactive Adventure
*Only applies to tickets to Parks and Tours.