Dip into a Stalactite River at Xplor and swim by an underground circuit
Included in your admission
In Xplor, you will find a refreshing Stalactites River to swim through! Descend into the bowels of the Earth and enjoy this magnificent activity. Throughout 437 yd (400 m), you will have the opportunity to observe an impressive underground landscape with ancient rock formations.
The limestone soil in the Yucatan Peninsula has high porosity and this means that there are no surface rivers. As a result of erosion, cenotes appear and many of them are interconnected by underground rivers, which are part of the largest underground river system in the world.
Swim at your own pace through the refreshing waters of the Xplor Stalactite River and marvel at the capricious rock formations, as well as the stalactites or stalagmites that emerge from water seepage after hundreds or thousands of years. We ask that you avoid touching them as these wonders of nature are fragile and take a long time to recover.
During the tour, you must wear a life jacket and helmet at all times, and the temperature of the river is 75.2 ° F (24° C). You will find guide lines throughout the route, as well as emergency exits almost every 100 yd, in case you need to leave before to finish the journey.
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Ages: 5 years of age or older (minimum height 3.3 ft or 1 m).
About the activity
- The minimum height to participate is 3.3 ft (1 m).
- The use of a helmet and life jacket is mandatory during all the activity.
- Avoid touching the stalactites, it damages them. Neither getting off the swimming canal to prevent accidents.
- The river’s temperature is 75.2° F (24° C). There are four exits before the ending point, in case you feel much cold.
- Activity not recommended for people with recent surgeries, back problems, high-blood pressure, claustrophobia, or pregnant women.
*Only applies to tickets to Parks and Tours.