Enjoy a pre-Hispanic ritual, special to clean the spirit and the body.
Begin with a welcome ceremony with a shaman, your guide, at the ancient Mayan ceremonial center of Polé, surrounded by the jungle and an underground river.
Then, enter the temazcal, a round, low-ceilinged building that represents the maternal womb. Here, the four elements are unified in herbal vapors, created by the interaction of cold cenote water on volcanic stones.
Feel how these vapors surround your body and mind. Listen to the voice of the shaman, while a new energy invigorates you and replaces everything you no longer need.
At the end of the temazcal, complete the purification process with an immersion in a river pool with refreshing waters.
Renew yourself with the temazcal ritual at Xcaret!
Regular price:$ 3999 USD
Online price:$ 3599 USD *
* 10% OFF purchasing at least 7 days in advance. Prices subject to change without notice. Restrictions apply.
- Circle of fire ceremony.
- Ceremony inside the temazcal.
- Bath at river pool and farewell.
- Use of towel (during the activity only).
- Hours: 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. You must choose your schedule upon arrival at the Park.
- Duration: 55 min (5 welcome / 10 ceremony / 25 temazcal / 15 river pool and farewell).
- Minimum age required: 12 years (activity recommended for adults only. In case of minors of 12 years, it is necessary to have done sauna or temazcal before).
- Maximum capacity: 45 people
- Activity for adults only.
- Not recommended for children, pregnant women and those who suffer claustrophobia, hypertension, diabetes; with heart problems asthma or low blood pressure.
- Your purchase is valid for one year and has a Bad Weather Guarantee (only applies 24 hours in advance).
- In case you need to cancel, you must notify 48 hours in advance, for a full refund.